If you’re looking for adventure vacations, search no further than Catalina Island. Described as “the playground for adventure,” Catalina Island serves as a home to the most adventurous outdoor activities available. Here are 4 really unique activities to craft the best adventure vacations on Catalina Island.
1. Zip Lining
Propel down zip lines ranging from 600 feet above sea level to 1,100 lineal feet long at speeds up to 30mph. With 5 zip lines, the Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour will forever change your idea of adventure vacations. For the thrill ride enthusiast, there’s even twilight and night time zip lining that runs between Memorial Day and Labor Day! This truly adventurous activity holds a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor and is more exhilarating than anything else you’ve experienced.
2. Jeep Eco Tour
With over 160 miles of paved and unpaved roads to drive through, the Catalina Island Conservancy Jeep Eco Tour will take you on an adventure vacation that no other outfitter can take you on. This tour plunges you to the interiors of Catalina Island so that you get to explore unmarked land, rich history, unique plants, fascinating wildlife and bison. This tour is available in 5 options and is advocated by many to be the best tour they’ve ever been on.
- 2-Hour Tour – Traveling with other adventurers, you don’t have the jeep all to yourself. This tour is a great introduction of Catalina Island to people who have never been here before. Though you don’t get that far into the interior of the island, it is a great way to see and learn new things.
- 3-Hour Tour – Also traveling with other adventurers, you don’t have the jeep all to yourself. This introductory tour will be friendly, informative and adventurous.
- 4-Hour Tour – You have the jeep all to yourself with as many people as you want (up to 6). This tour is better for people who have been to the island before and have a specific place they’d like to see. Snacks are provided.
- 5-Hour Tour (Ride and Hike) – The jeep is reserved exclusively for your party (up to 6). This tour is great for those who want to spend an extended period of time exploring the island. Lunch is provided for your group.
- Full Day, 7-Hour Tour – With this tour, you also get the jeep all to yourself with as many people as you want (up to 6). This tour is best for extreme adventurers who want to fully immerse themselves into the beauty of Catalina Island. It also provides the most time for exploration and photography. Lunch is provided for your group.
3. Scuba Diving
This activity is wildly popular in Catalina, so much that it’s one of the main reasons people visit. The alluring blue seas off the Catalina coasts are world renown for their beautiful marine life. In fact, Jacques Cousteau a top ranked scuba diver of our time, ranked it as one of the best places to go scuba diving. At Catalina Divers Supply, you can gain insightful scuba instruction as well as guided trips for divers and snorkelers of all skill levels. The oceans are calling you into one the best adventure vacations you’ve ever experienced.
Photo Credit Kevin Jantzer
4. Trans-Catalina Hike
The 37.2 mile Trans-Catalina Trail provides a beautiful hike across the entire island. From Avalon on the Eastern edge to Starlight beach on the west, this 3-4 day backpacking trip will transport you to another world of excitement and adventure.
The best part about adventure vacations on Catalina Island is that the island is constantly changing. Adventure addicts are never going to be able to exhaust the amount of activities available because there are always more coming.
Start your adventure vacations today by making a reservation to sail on board Catalina Express.